- Dance Reduces Stress- In a study in the Journal of Applied Gerontology, researchers found that partner dance and musical accompaniment can help bring about stress relief significantly.
- Dance Diminish Depression. Dancing really does lift your spirits. According to a study that tested the effects of dancing on people with depression those who participated in an upbeat group dance showed the fewest depression symptoms and the most vitality.
- Dance can help your heart. Another top five benefit of dance is that dance is a great activity for those at risk for cardiovascular disease. People with heart problems who took up waltzing improved their heart health, breathing, and quality of life significantly compared to those who biked or walked.
- Dance can help you lose weight. Studies have found that an exercise program of aerobic dance training is just as helpful for losing weight and increasing aerobic power as cycling and jogging.
- Dances give you Creative Self Expression. People can become creatures of habit and find themselves doing the same recreational activities over and over. Dance provides a creative outlet to express them self creatively. It is also a great way for a couple to enjoy a new activity that has many physical and mental benefits.
Five Mental and Physical Benefits of Dance
Dancers demand the attention of the room. They can captivate anyone. But what many people don't realize is dance is an incredible way to keep your body and mind healthy. There are countless ways dance improves your health. Here are five benefits of dance:
Leave a Relpy
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *