Top 6 Reasons to Take Wedding Dance Lessons
Your first dance as newlyweds is supposed to be a special moment that you cherish forever, but you can’t stop thinking of all the things that could go wrong. What if you step on your partner’s toes? What if you can’t dance? These are things a lot of couples think about as their wedding draws near. Thankfully, wedding dance lessons from the Twin Cities Arthur Murray Dance Centers can help alleviate these fears.
Here are the top six most common reasons why our students decide to take wedding dance lessons.
1. Lack of Confidence. If you’re not a seasoned dancer, it’s hard to feel confident out on the dance floor—especially with all eyes on you. If one or both partners are feeling anxious about dancing, lessons can help boost your confidence and self-esteem. You’ll get to learn some moves from a professional instructor and practice in the privacy of the studio before stepping out into the spotlight.
2. Wedding Stress. The months leading up to a wedding are naturally going to be busy and stressful. But wedding dance lessons can turn into a date night, where couples have the chance to connect, have fun and forget about the stress.
3. Meet New People. You can take private lessons, or both private and group lessons. In the group sessions, you get to mingle with other couples who are going through the same process. There are also social dance parties and events, which are another opportunity to meet new people.
4. Custom Choreography. During wedding dance lessons, you get to select your own music to dance to. Then, you and the instructor will work together to select a dance style and moves that go with the song so that you and your spouse-to-be can shine on the dance floor.
5. Interest in Dancing. Have you always wanted to learn how to dance? Well, now you have an excuse. The skills you learn during the lessons will stay with you even after the wedding is over. Plus, some people even choose to continue taking other lessons and turn dancing into a fun hobby.
6. Exercise. Need to start “sweating for the wedding”? Dancing is a great form of exercise. It’ll help you burn fat and strengthen muscles each week. Plus, it’s way more fun than using the elliptical.
If you decide wedding dance lessons make sense for you and your fiancé, it’s easy to sign up at Twin Cities Arthur Murray Dance Centers. We recommend starting four to six months before your wedding. For more information, contact our Minneapolis location or our St. Paul location today.